Friday, December 18, 2009

general mutterings

Wow. It's been quite a while since my last post. I mainly "Facebook" now, so I don't do blogs as much. However, in looking at my Facebook profile, I saw the link to my blog and read the last couple. It has now been over two years since my mother's death. Reading the blog brought tears to my eyes again. I don't guess it ever gets any easier. Losing your mom is huge, no matter the age. I still miss her deeply.

On another note, things are going quite well! It's almost Christmas and the girls had their last day of school yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed not having to get up and drive to school! Especially, since it's raining out. GREAT day to stay in... I have finished my Christmas shopping and we're ready to just stay home and enjoy each other's company. Ahhhh.

I just had a GNO with a couple of great friends, too! It has been a long time since I've had a GNO and this was one of the BEST! I am thankful for friends who like me for me. I have been praying for a best friend, too. I have one in Knoxville, but I don't get to see her often. We do still keep in touch and get together as much as we can. I believe my prayers for a best friend have been answered. Thank you, Jesus.