Saturday, February 14, 2009

friend

I am bummed today at the loss of a friend. No, my friend didn't die, but I was blocked on Facebook. For many of you who know me, this isn't my first "blocking." BUT it is the first time I was blocked by someone who I have known for years. We were friends in elementary school and recently reconnected on Facebook. I was so excited! We were very close friends in elementary school. We spent the night at each other's house and attending slumber parties together, were in the same class in sixth grades, etc. You get the picture. We were good friends.

But today, when I went to look at her page again, I noticed she wasn't on my friend list. So, I thought perhaps I made an error and requested her again. This morning when I looked her up again to see if "friend request" was an option again (meaning she had ignored my request), I noticed I could not find her at all. I had a friend look her up and she was indeed there and hadn't left Facebook. Yep, she blocked me. Oh well. Que sera, sera.

I hate that she doesn't want to talk to me, but life does go on. I figure it's her loss. But it does bug me a bit b/c I don't know WHY she did this. I wrote to her via my friend and I'm interested to see what comes of that. Until then...