Sunday, November 2, 2008

One year ago...

Well, tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my mother's death. I have been pondering the details surrounding her death in the last few days. Remembering where I was, the conversation I had with my dad when he called to tell me of her death, etc. I was at the Soddy-Daisy Wal-Mart in the Christmas section when I received the call. Naturally, I was devastated by the news, but in the midst of all the sadness, I felt God's presence. I felt completely surrounded by His angels b/c when I looked up from the heap I had fallen into after receiving that dreaded call, I saw three wonderful ladies. Not gawking, but offering assistance. One asked me if I needed a ride somewhere, anywhere. I declined but thanked them for the offer. They saw my situation and offered to do whatever they could to help. I deeply appreciate them and their willingness to help me in this hour of desperate need. I managed to pick myself up, holding Em's hand (she was with me, bless her heart) and walking out to the van in the parking lot. Once I got in, I cried some more (not sure for how long) and turned on the iginition for the ride to Mom and Dad's house. It was probably the longest ride to their house in my life.

...the next day, Sunday, Dad and I, along with Dad's brother and his wife, went to the funeral home to make the arrangements. We were there THREE hours. We had not made previous arrangements, so therefore, this took FOREVER. We were so tired afterward. You would be amazed at the amount of details and decisions you have to make. I highly recommend pre-arranging!

The day of the funeral was cold and windy and I watched as the men lowered my mother into the ground, her final resting place. However, I rejoice in knowing this is NOT where she is for she is in Heaven with Jesus! Praise God! She is walking upright with no osteoporosis! No pain! She has been reunion with her mother and sister in Heaven. What a wonderful reunion.

Thanks for your time.
Lee