Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after

Greetings friends! Well, here we are the day after Christmas, injured and much sorer than before! The day started off to the sound of "Emily, Santa brought us a Wii!!!!" at 3:00am. Yes, I said 3:00am. Apparently, our dog, Pearl, somehow got into Rachel's room (we ALWAYS make sure her door is completely shut) and woke her. She is a very light sleeper. Soooo, despite my plea to her to "wait until you see light outside before you get up," we were all up at 3:00am (did I mention it was 3:00am?) seeing what Santa brought us.

The girls went in and woke up Granddaddy and then Daddy. After googling over all the presents for a few minutes, Daddy finally convinced everyone that we really needed to sleep some more before we stay up and play. I truly felt this was an impossible thing to ask of a seven-year-old who just discovered Santa had come to her house for a visit. AND brought a Wii! BUT, miraculously his plan worked and we all awoke again approximately five hours later to enjoy the day.

So, here we are, a few injuries later. What do I mean, you ask? Well, the Wii is quite an extraordinary toy. While it IS just a video game console, it really ISN'T JUST a video game console. Those of you who have one know what I mean. I got bashed in the head for being too close to Emily's batting practice, and Emily got a bit too close to me for mine. I accidentally hit her fingers really hard when I swung. And Pearl, the dog, managed to constantly be in the way and got stepped on during game play.

The day was mostly relaxed and enjoyable and we all had a good time. The best time for me was attending our church's Christmas Eve communion.

I went last year by myself as I was asked to play for it, and I knew I wanted my family to partake this year. It was so nice being there with all of us sitting together as a family for this sacred event. It did have its funny moments as well. Like when the bread came around for everyone to get a piece. Rachel got hers and it went straight into her mouth! She didn't realize you were supposed to wait for everyone to eat at the same time. She managed to retrieve it as she had not chewed it up yet... When she finally did get to eat it, the face she made was priceless. She was not too impressed with the Lord's supper bread part. She like the juice, though. It was so funny because she could hardly wait to drink it, but when she finally did, she only took small sips so it would last longer. Too funny.

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and we wish everyone a Happy and safe New Year!