Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was a bit different since Mother wasn't here. We (my dad, husband, two girls and I) all went to Birmingham to visit my aunt and uncle (Dad's brother) for Thanksgiving this year. We were supposed to go last year, but I got sick and was unable. However, Dad did take Mother there last year.



My cousins and their wife/significant other were there as were my aunt's sister, mother and nieces and spouses were all there. It was a full house for sure, but we all had a great time. I was thankful to be with family and thankful that I still have a living parent. I had a really nice conversation with my cousin's wife, who I didn't even KNOW two years ago. It was just truly a blessing being among family this year. Usually, we go to my husband's family's for Thanksgiving, but this year we went to see my family.


We had an unexpected visitor also by way of a trap my uncle set out to catch some troublesome oppossums. Well, he caught one and R discovered it. She went to wake up her sister to go out and see "Heather" as she was named (from Over the Hedge). So, I couldn't resist having a little fun with the camera. See "before" and "after" photos of Heather.

Heather "before"
Heather "after"
Hope your Thanksgiving was great!