Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday morning attack

I was just reading a friend's blog and I was hit by a big revelation. She was talking about how Sunday mornings are difficult for her getting ready for church. She is married and has a small child. Wow. Can I relate to that! Sunday mornings are my LEAST favorite time of the entire week. Isn't that sad? I hate every Sunday hearing my children say, "can we skip this Sunday?" Or, "Mom, I don't like going to church." What has become clear to me is this is most definitely an attack by the enemy! It's just so crystal clear to me now. It took reading her blog for me to "get" that.

Every Sunday morning when I hear my children say these things, it breaks my heart. They have such an awesome church to go to with a really good program for them, also Sunday school. When I was their age, I didn't have such cool activities to participate in (i.e. AWANA, Kids Choir, etc.) I grew up in a small country church. Now, don't get me wrong. I liked my church and I still love listening to "southern gospel" music as well. There were days that I didn't like it, though. But it seems my kids "don't like it" more than I did (or didn't). Also, another thing that makes it difficult for me is my husband doesn't much like to go either. So, practically every Sunday morning I struggle with getting my entire family to church. Let me tell you, this is NO FUN. However, seeing as how the Devil is so determined to make it difficult for me to get there, makes it all the more reason I should go! I'm obviously going to miss a major blessing if I don't go because Satan is all over me each Sunday morning.

Knowing this, I am going to pray that my family will start to enjoy going to church, that they will love it as much as I do and that Satan not be a part of our Sunday morning routine anymore!