Monday, July 9, 2007

Well, here goes...


This is my first official blog; at least on here. I have blogged before on MySpace but I have my profile set to private there so I decided to create this solely for blogging. What? Anyway....


Life is good. I am very blessed to have a great husband and two beautiful girls. They are my life and keep me young. Although, I feel old much of the time! Especially since I just climbed the equivalent of Mt. Everest for me. Okay, it wasn't Everest by a long shot, but it was a major climb.


It was up Mt. LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains. This year my husband and older daughter went with me along with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and nephew. Yes, six of us and we all stayed in one little cabin with no electricity. But it was fun. We all had a good time without needing TV or computers or anything like that. In the main lodge, there are many games to play or you can bring your own. I did. I brought Yahtzee and Mad card game. We saw a buck on the mountain, a snake sunning on our way up and lots of beautiful wildflowers. It was a wonderful time. The climb down was more painful (to me) than the climb up. I need to re-check my shoe size apparently. Plus, get a backpack intended for hiking....


We all came home (R stayed with her grandparents), spent the night and went to Eric's parents' (which is where R just came from...). We all had a cookout on Saturday and there was lots of family there. All total there were ten children. We bought a new waterslide and the kids loved it. We had four-wheelers, motorcycles, hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. and we all had a great time. Before sundown, we set off smoke bombs and after dark enjoyed fireworks Eric's aunt bought. It was a great time.


It's sure nice to be back home with no where we have to go for awhile.